A selection of our members:
15 November 2012
Massive rocks and Seismicity
1. S. Beauprêtre, S. Garambois, I. Manighetti, J. Malavieille, G. Sénéchal, M. Chatton, T. Davies, C. Larroque, D. Rousset, N. Cotte and C. Romano, "Finding the buried record of past earthquakes with GPR-based palaeoseismology: a case study on the Hope fault, New Zealand", Geophys. J. Int., Vol. 189, pp. 73-100, 2012.
2. S.F.A. Carpentier, A.G. Green, J. Doetsch, C. Dorn, A.E. Kaiser, F. Campbell, H. Horstmeyer, M. Finnemore, "Recent deformation of Quaternary sediments as inferred from GPR images and shallow P-wave velocity tomograms: Northwest Canterbury Plains, New Zealand", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 81, pp. 2-15, 2012.
3. M. Christie, G.P. Tsoflias, D.F. Stockli, R. Black, "Assessing fault displacement and off-fault deformation in an extensional tectonic setting using 3-D ground-penetrating radar imaging", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 68, pp. 9-16, 2009.
4. D. Demanet, F. Renardy, K. Vanneste, D. Jongmans, T. Camelbeeck and M. Meghraoui, "The use of geophysical prospecting for imaging active faults in the Roer Graben, Belgium", Geophysics, Vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 78-89, January-February 2001.
5. M. Dentith, A. O'Neill, D. Clark, "Ground penetrating radar as a means of studying palaeofault scarps in a deeply weathered terrain, southwestern Western Australia", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 72, pp. 92-101, 2010.
6. J. Deparis, S. Garambois, D. Hantz, "On the potential of Ground Penetrating Radar to help rock fall hazard assessment: A case study of a limestone slab, Gorges de la Bourne (French Alps)", Engineering Geology, Vol. 94, pp. 89-102, 2007.
7. E. K. Franseen, A. P. Byrnes, J. Xia, and R. D. Miller, "Improving resolution and understanding controls on GPR response in carbonate strata: Implications for attribute analysis", THE LEADING EDGE, pp. 984-993, AUGUST 2007.
8. M. Grasmueck, R. Weger and H. Horstmeyer, "Full-resolution 3D GPR imaging", GEOPHYSICS, Vol. 70, no. 1, pp. K12-K19, January-February 2005.
9. A. Green, R. Gross, K. Holliger, H. Horstmeyer, J. Baldwin, "Results of 3-D georadar surveying and trenching the San Andreas fault near its northern landward limit", Tectonophysics, Vol. 368, pp. 7 -23, 2003.
10. M. Jeannin, S. Garambois, C. Grégoire and D. Jongmans, "Multiconfiguration GPR measurements for geometric fracture characterization in limestone cliffs Alps", GEOPHYSICS, Vol. 71, no. 3, pp. B85-B92, May-June 2006.
11. S. Kadioglu, "Photographing layer thicknesses and discontinuities in a marble quarry with 3D GPR visualization", Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 64, pp. 109-114, 2008.
12. O. Kovin, "Mapping of evaporite deformation in a potash mine using ground penetrating radar: Upper Kama deposit, Russia", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 74, pp. 131-141, 2011.
13. K. Lee, M, Tomasso, W. A. Ambrose, R. Bouroullec, "Integration of GPR with stratigraphic and lidar data to investigate behind-the-outcrop 3D geometry of a tidal channel reservoir analog, upper Ferron Sandstone, Utah", THE LEADING EDGE, pp. 994-998, August 2007.
14. C.L. Liner, J. L. LINER, "Application of GPR to a site investigation involving shallow faults", THE LEADING EDGE, pp. 1649-1651, November 1997.
15. A.F. McClymont, A.G. Green, A. Kaiser, H. Horstmeyer, R. Langridge, "Shallow fault segmentation of the Alpine fault zone, New Zealand revealed from 2- and 3-D GPR surveying", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 70, pp. 343-354, 2010.
16. L. Orlando, "Semiquantitative evaluation of massive rock quality using ground penetrating radar", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 52, pp. 1-9, 2003.
17. T. Overgaard, P. R. Jakobsen, "Mapping of glaciotectonic deformation in an ice marginalenvironment with ground penetrating radar", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 47, pp. 191-197, 2001.
18. C. Pauselli, C. Federico, A. Frigeri, R. Orosei, M. R. Barchi, G. Basile, "Ground penetrating radar investigations to study active faults in the Norcia Basin (central Italy)", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 72, pp. 39-45, 2010.
19. T. Sigurdsson, T. Overgaard, "Application of GPR for 3-D visualization of geological and structural variation in a limestone formation", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 40, pp. 29-36, 1998.
20. M. Rashed, D. Kawamura, H. Nemoto, T. Miyata, K. Nakagawa, "Ground penetrating radar investigations across the Uemachi fault, Osaka, Japan", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 53, pp. 63- 75. 2003.
21. S.J. Seol, J.H. Kim, Y. Song, S.H. Chung, "Finding the strike direction of fractures using GPR", Geophysical Prospecting, Vol. 49, pp. 300-308, 2001.
22. U. Theune, D. Rokosh, M. D. Sacchi and D. R. Schmitt, "Mapping fractures with GPR: A case study from Turtle Mountain", Geophysics, Vol. 71, no.. 5 ; pp. B139-B150, September-October 2006.
23. G.P. Tsoflias, J.P.l Van Gestelz, P.L. Stoffa, D.D. Blankenship, and M. Sen, Vertical fracture detection by exploiting the polarization properties of ground-penetrating radar signals", Geophysics, Vol.69, no.3, pp.803-810, May-June 2004.
Engineering and mining
1. C. Amer-Yahia, T. Majidzadeh, " Inspection of Insulated Concrete Form walls with Ground Penetrating Radar", Construction and Building Materials, vol. 26, pp. 448-458, 2012.
2. J.S. Mellett, "Ground penetrating radar applications in engineering, environmental management, and geology", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 33, pp. 157-166, 1995.
3. C. L. Barnes, J.F. Trottier, D. Forgeron, "Improved concrete bridge deck evaluation using GPR by accounting for signal depth- amplitude effects", NDT&E International, vol. 41, pp. 427- 433, 2008.
4. D. Carpenter, P.J. Jackson, A. Jay, "Enhancement of the GPR method of railway trackbed investigation by the installation of radar detectable geosynthetics" NDT&E International, vol. 37, 95-103, 2004.
5. N. J. Cassidy, R. Eddies, S. Dods, "Void detection beneath reinforced concrete sections: The practical application of ground-penetrating radar and ultrasonic techniques" Journal of Applied Geophysics , vol. 74, pp. 263-276, 2011.
6. E. Forte, M. Pipan, D. Casabianca, R. Di Cuia, A. Riva, "Imaging and characterization of a carbonate hydrocarbon reservoir analogue using GPR attributes", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 81, pp. 76-87, 2012.
7. J.L. Porsani, W.A. Sauck, A.O.S. Júnior, "GPR for mapping fractures and as a guide for the extraction of ornamental granite from a quarry: A case study from southern Brazil", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 58, pp. 177-187, 2006.
8. G. Grandjean, J.C. Gourry, "GPR data processing for 3D fracture mapping in a marble quarry (Yhassos, Greece)", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 36, pp. 19-30, 1996.
9. R.G. Francese, A. Galgaro, A. Grespan, "Venice channel side-wall assessment with GPR technique—a case study " Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 56, pp 31- 40, 2004.
10. G. Grandjean, J.C. Gourry, A. Bitri, "Evaluation of GPR techniques for civil-engineering applications: study on a test site", Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 45, 141-156, 2000.
11. W.L. Lai *, W.F. Tsang, "Characterization of pore systems of air/water-cured concrete using ground penetrating radar (GPR) through continuous water injection", Construction and Building Materials, vol. 22, pp 250-256, 2008.
12. E. Cardarelli, C. Marrone, L. Orlando, " Evaluation of tunnel stability using integrated geophysical methods", Journal of Applied Geophysics, Vol. 52, pp. 93-102, 2003.
13. W.L. Lai, T. Kind,H. Wiggenhauser, "Using ground penetrating radar and time-frequency analysis to characterize construction materials", NDT&E International, vol. 44 , pp 111-120, 2011.
14. H. Lorenzo, V. Cuéllar, M.C. Hernández, "Close range radar remote sensing of concrete degradation in a textile factory floor", Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 47,. 327-336, 2001.
15. M. Slowik, "Changes of river bed pattern and traces of anthropogenic intervention: The example of using GPR method (the Obra River, western Poland)", Applied Geography, vol. 31, pp 784-799, 2011.
16. M. Solla, J.C. Caamaño, B. Riveiro, P. Arias, "A novel methodology for the structural assessment of stone arches based on geometric data by integration of photogrammetry and ground-penetrating radar", Engineering Structures, vol. 35, pp 296-306, 2012.
17. J. Francke, "A review of selected ground penetrating radar applications to mineral resource evaluations", Journal of Applied Geophysics, vol. 81, pp 29-37, 2012.
18. L. Orlando, A. Pezone, A. Colucci, "Modelling and testing of high frequency GPR data for evaluation of structural deformation", NDT&E International, Vol. 43, pp 216-230, 2010.