Memorandum of association
1. The Name of the Association
The name of the Association hereinafter called "the Association" is "The European GPR Association".
2. The Objects of the Association
The objects for which the Association is established are:
- To improve, extend and rationalise the professional standards of firms and corporations offering GPR surveys within Europe.
- To establish and maintain relations with European governments, departments, ministries, statutory undertakers and other organisations so as to create and safeguard co-operation, understanding, standards and efficiency and generally facilitate the conduct of member firms and corporations.
- To provide a medium through which members of the Association can consult with each other on all matters of interest to them and to afford a means whereby, the procedure, practice and knowledge of their profession may be coordinated and published.
- To organise, sponsor and participate in conferences, exhibitions, or missions in any part of the world.
- To provide and operate a central library for the collection of all types of information of value to the members of the Association and to print, publish, circulate and otherwise make available the same to the members of the Association and other approved organisations.
- To set standards relevant to the industry from time to time, and negotiate with the relevant authorities the use of these, at the same time encouraging their use by Association members.
- To provide a vehicle to give advice and assistance to members of the Association on any matter arising in the course of their practice.
- To provide a vehicle whereby members of the Association can liaise with universities, institutions, colleges and companies conducting courses on all matters of mutual interest or convenience,
- To liaise with manufacturers, suppliers, trade associations and other industries on matters of mutual interest.
- To employ advisers or workers in connection with the objects of the Association and to pay, therefore such fees or remuneration as may be thought expedient.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.
The objects of the Association shall not extend to the regulation of relations between workers and employers or organisations of workers and organisations of employers.Read more: Memorandum of association