Welcome to EuroGPR
Welcome to the web site of EuroGPR, an association made up of users and manufacturers of GPR equipment, intent on raising standards within the GPR industry and looking out for the rights of our members, giving them voice at a pan-European level on matters such as licensing, health and safety and market access.
GPR stands for Ground Penetrating (or Probing) Radar. The technology is very similar to traditional radar but uses a shorter wavelength, to:
- Locate buried pipes & services underground;
- Find evidence for other buried potential hazards e.g. mine shafts; voids;
- Investigate concrete structures to determine the position of reinforcement &/or the quality of the concrete & whether it contains voids;
- Check on the integrity of road sub-surfaces;
- Investigate environmental conditions both natural (geology) & man-made (e.g. pollutant spread);
- Learn about glaciers, their formation & structure;
- Uncover forensic evidence including buried human remains & weapons; and
- Locate, Identify & Investigate Archaeological Sites.
Almost all of this work has a strong Health & Safety aspect. It is also important to local & national Government as the ultimate End Users of the information generated.